There are fewer things more fraught with tension than purchasing a bathing suit. It can seem as if the mirrors in the dressing room are in cahoots to show you the worst in your shape. However, you can win the battle and love going to beach again thanks to the many options in flattering swimwear shapewear available in the market today.
Even before you get to the store, think about the areas of your body you might want to camouflage with creative bathing suit design. There are plenty of ways you can use the colors, lines and embellishments of a swimming suit to your advantage.
- If you are “hippy,” choose a suit that accentuates your slimmer waist and chest. Look for a suit that has a defined waist. You might consider a bikini.
- If you have an apple shape, call attention to your lower body and create a look of length. Perhaps a tankini top with a swim skirt would be your best bet.
- If you have a large bust, go for a supportive top with underwire. Halter-style tops are particularly flattering on large chests, and don’t be afraid to choose one with a little embellishment for extra appeal.
If your figure is less than perfect, you may feel as though you are automatically relegated to the world of the one-piece bathing suit. If you feel most comfortable in a one-piece, that is the best way to go. However, don’t be afraid to consider other options.
- Bikinis are great for women whose assets include a nice stomach area. Find a supportive top and bottoms that provide the amount of coverage you are comfortable with.
- Tankinis work best for women who like the flexibility of a bikini but want a little more coverage. Look for designs that flatter the areas you want to accentuate.
- Regardless which top you choose, there are lots of great options for different bathing suit bottoms, from traditional briefs to board shorts and swim skirts.
Bathing suits are a great place to hide control panels to give you the shape you are looking for. No one will ever know you are getting a boost from strategic shapewear pieces.
- Side panels in a bathing suit can help you achieve a slimmer waist and a more hourglass figure.
- Underwire support in the bra section of the suit will keep you comfortable and uplifted all day. Plus, if you are a swimmer or active user, you’ll want extra support working for you
- Tummy control panels can go in any bathing suit, from bikini bottoms to any one-piece.